Today I want to share a few things that I love about the low carb lifestyle that I am following!
- Faster weight loss. When I have a competition coming up and I want to lean out the first change I make to my lifestyle is reducing carbs. Of all the diets I have tried over the years, I find it is by far the easiest and quickest way to lose fat.
- No counting. I have tried various diets that require counting, either of calories, points, or macros. This gets old real fast for me! Low carb is so simple. Eat until satisfied of the following whole natural foods: meat, chicken, fish, eggs, full fat dairy (if tolerated), nuts, and all above ground veggies. You can even add berries if you want a sweet treat. My sister is also living a low carb lifestyle and every day her meals looks so fresh and yummy!
- Mental clarity. My mind seems much clearer when I am eating fresh whole foods.
- More energy. I wake up much easier in the morning and have steadier energy throughout the day. I still need my 3 pm nap most days but I find I can keep going well into the evening without getting too tired.
- Less hunger, more satiety. When I eat carbs it feels like I can never get enough so they are very easy to overeat. I find it impossible to overeat low carb foods! This means I need less food to feel satisfied.
- Improved mood. I find that I have less mood swings on low carb. I seem to be able to stay calmer when things get crazy around me, which is pretty useful with three teenagers in the house!
- Beautiful skin. One of the things I’ve noticed on others when they do low carb is that their skin gets less red and puffy and it begins to have a lovely glow about it! I have experienced the same thing myself.
- You can easily eat out. Real life happens even when we are trying to follow a healthy diet, and I think it is very important to be able to fit in dinners out with family and friends as well as parties and get-togethers. Staying low carb is the easiest thing when eating out. There are always healthy protein and veggie options!
- No bloating. When I remove grain and sugar products from my diet one of the first improvements to show up is that my tummy flattens out. And after a few days I am no longer bloated at all, even after eating a satisfying meal! I also notice less swelling in the hands and feet.
- Reduced asthma and allergies. I must admit that I really enjoy eating carbs and I could eat them all day for the rest of my life if I could. But I can’t because I don’t believe they are healthy for me. I have found that when I eliminate carbs and sugar from my diet my allergies and asthma disappear! This is the main thing that keeps me coming back to a low carb whole foods natural diet every time.
The benefits to eating a low carb whole foods diet are too many to count, and these are just a few of my favourites. Let me know if you have experienced these or any other benefits!
Thanks for stopping by!